Friday 3 May 2024

My Second Big Book Of Utter (C)RAP

 

Continues the adaptation of Trials of the Cosmic Oddity and Derna Assumed starts in this issue.

As I have written before The Cosmic Oddity should really be picked up by one of those book publishers who like to show off that "we also do graphic novels".  The U.S. had Harvey Pekar and American Splendor and for me The Cosmic Oddity stands out in a class of its own and should be considered a British classic -I am willing to die on that hill (in 40 years or so and I will by then be avoiding hill!).  In fact I took out book one last night -they are on a shelf nearby- and read through it and I still get the same emotions out of it.  

Believe me, even if I know someone if I think they have produced something under par or a stinker then I say so. Politely but I still say so.

Derna, now Derna is one of those characters that once seen you want to see more of. Hey, she even got her bottom pinched by The Thinker once (but he was probably tripping because no one in their right mind would try that). This is in fact an illustrated text story and it's nice to see others doing this -comic strips and text pieces.

Not mentioned on the actual online store is the other strip -Baumgarten and Weiss: Temporal Detectives and this time they deal with a certain "Doc" who killed his youthful companion to try to stop screwing up the timeline but...probably screwed up the timeline and then another "Doc". It's all lovely fun.

Would I recommend this title? Hmmm....let me see....OF COURSE!

Now support talent and buy the first and second issue of (C)RAP -number 3 is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Tower Books