Thursday 9 May 2024

Chang3lings Comics: My 3rd Big Book of Utter (C)RAP

 

Richard Anthony Pester


Richard has been canny in completing each issue so that it is ready for a regular event he goes to. Which means these are coming out monthly. If you read my other reviews -links below- you will know what I think of this series.  Here we see the Cosmic Oddity looking back at past events with...himself (bear with me).  Some brutal events from the past are looked at and if none of this impresses you...maybe you need to go buy a Micky Mouse comic?

I am hoping that once these shorter issues are completed that Pester compiles them into a "trade" especially since he is now using colour and tone to good effect. The original black and white versions are an arm's length away and those were, as I have probably boringly pointed out before (I never read my own reviews), and still are some of the best work I've seen.

If you think this is all a "Oh, my life. I've had it so hard" effort like you find at so many small press events then you are wrong.  I like the brutality that black and white art brings to the story (everyone knows I am a black and white comics man)  but the colour version is just as good.  PLEASE try a copy and see what you think.

Hey -the covers are worth the price!



(C)RAP #1



(C)RAP #2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Black Tower Books